In this one hour video, chaired by Keith McCarthy, Group Director of Human Resources RCSI Hospital Group, the stories of five Quality Improvement initiatives are presented by the frontline staff involved in their development and implementation.
Quality improvement in action on the frontline
- Beaumont Hospital’s Ms Caroline Treanor, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, explains how access to the neurosurgical OPD was improved
- Cavan & Monaghan Hospitals’ Ms. Kate Vallely, Quality & Standards Manager, explains how introducing a ‘Communication during COVID-19’ initiative supported patient, families and healthcare teams
- Connolly Hospital’s Ms. Elaine O’Connor & Ms. Rose Shivmangal who work in the Hospital Operational Hub explain how Capacity and Flow were improved in the hospital
- Louth Hospitals’ Ms. Jillian Smith & Ms. Cathy Gillen, Senior Physiotherapists, explain how the effective use of digital technology delivered a home-based Virtual Pulmonary Rehabilitation (VPR) programme for patients with chronic respiratory conditions that resulted in clinically significant improvements
- Rotunda Hospital’s Mr. Fergal O’Shaughnessy, Senior Pharmacist, explains how the Irish Medicines Pregnancy Services (IMPS) supports the safe and effective use of medicines in pregnancy within the RCSI HG and nationally.